Benefits of Collaborative Divorce
A huge benefit of Collaborative Divorce is the fact that the process and the outcome are customized to meet the unique needs of the family – no one-size-fits-all court metrics or parameters!
In this process, the details and desires of the divorcing couple guide the conversations and negotiations. Their common goal – a non-adversarial process that leads to a peaceful parting of ways – serves as the guiding light throughout the divorce proceedings.
This is one of many benefits of Collaborative Divorce, including the following:
- Parties remain cordial and respectful throughout the process, even through difficult moments.
- They’re guided by a team of professionals who help the divorcing couple move toward a peaceful and acceptable outcome.
- Couples who divorce collaboratively find that they are more likely to follow the parameters of their divorce agreement and less likely to return to court in the years following.
- Many also co-parent more successfully because of the collegial tone they set during the divorce.
- The Collaborative Divorce process achieves results according to their own timetable since there are no obstacles due to the court docket or a judge’s calendar.
Interested in learning more about Collaborative Divorce? Contact Alisa Peskin-Shepherd for an introductory meeting.
Alisa Peskin-Shepherd is a certified Collaborative Practitioner, and a member of the Diversity & Inclusion committee for the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.