The Peacemaker Signature is a statement Collaborative Practitioners often create to share how they approach Collaborative Practice.
As a member of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee for the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Alisa Peskin-Shepherd takes this approach to divorce law seriously and wants clients to know how Transitions Legal will support and serve them during their Collaborative Divorce. (Of course, we hold these principles to be true in ALL of our cases!)
Alisa Peskin-Shepherd: My Peacemaker Signature
I am a compassionate, passionate and detail-oriented peacemaker.
My determination and commitment to the process, understanding the importance of being balanced and having balance in your life, will help my clients achieve their goals.
I value happiness; I value the ability to make your own decisions.
Transitions Legal Corporate Values
(We abide by these values in Collaborative Practice as well as Litigation, Mediation and post-Divorce cases.)
- Provide compassionate, professional divorce and family law support, with emphasis on facilitating smooth transitions
- Recognize and value the emotional side of divorce in equal measure to the professional side
- Emphasize active and empathetic listening
- Appreciate the process of divorce and family law resolution – cases deserve and require time to achieve fruitful outcomes
- Maintain a mediative philosophy, which means balanced, anti-adversarial, and with an approach to every situation with the belief that there is possibility for a mutually acceptable resolution
- Pay attention to detail
- Remain passionate about effective, accurate, and ethical legal representation
- Responsibly steward the relationship between client and counsel
- Achieve compassionate person-to-person connection